July 1, 2009

DS Mom-Blogs

The blog world is much bigger than I ever expected! Before starting Chase and More, there were only two blogs I read - Bring the Rain and a blog about a little girl with Down syndrome, Penny. In starting my own site, I expected only family and close friends to read what I was posting.

Unexpectedly, I've stumbled upon a close network of mom-bloggers who are also chronicling their own experiences raising with children with Down syndrome. I've received some heart-felt messages from family friends who live far away, as well as people on the web whose only connection with me is that they too have a child with DS.

For me, it has been amazing to read the stories of what other kids with DS are doing, what they're struggling with, and the triumphs they're celebrating. It is so encouraging!! The pictures of these kids are also adorable and make me excited about where Chase will be heading as time passes.

If you are interested in exploring some of the other DS-related "mom blogs" out there, here's a list to start with.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading and encouraging us! :)

Big Blueberry Eyes
Bill and Ria
Blessings and Glory
Down to Life
Emma Sage
Mommy Life
Our Unexpected Journey
Penny


5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is the most extensive list I've ever seen! Thanks for that. I look forward to checking out the ones I've missed. Our little guy with Ds is 5 mos. and I've been amazed by the Ds blogging community, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend,

    Consider to join us for A Wonderous Woman Retreat
    on August 13,14,and 15

    The Wonderous Woman retreat program leads and encourages every woman to connect to all facets of her purpose and value. Our approach is to create experiential retreats in beautiful venues where you can connect to your mind, body and spirit.

    It's easy to take care of everyone else in our lives, but we tend to forget about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can add us if you want:
    Beneath the Wings
    http://beneaththewings.blogspot.com/

    I am an American currently living in Israel. My daughter Ricki (who had DS and ADHD) is 14 years old. My blog is Honest yet upbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is an extensive list. I'm honored to be part of it. I'll have to check out the ones I'm not yet following. Thanks for sharing! There are a few more on my blogroll too if you want to check it out. It's arranged by age. http://billandria.blogspot.com/2009/04/list-of-down-syndrome-related-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list of blogging mommies. Stopping by from MBC :)

    ReplyDelete