January 2, 2010

Dan's New Creation


We're back from our fun trip out west, and I am slowly catching up on emails and blogs. (We had an amazing time,  and I look foward to sharing more pictures soon!)

I have spent my morning coffee time reading Dan Niblock's new blog which he has playfully entitled The Phenomenal, Fabulous, Fantastic Ds BlogBlog! A fellow North Carolinian, (utterly irrelevant, but I like this fact anyway) he has filled this new retreat with carefully selected personal stories by parents about disability and mostly Down syndrome. Despite the playful name, this blog is not for the faint of heart - be warned that it will make you think and feel, and perhaps draw a tear or two. But the writings that he has chosen are beautifully written, and clearly created by wonderful people, wonderful parents. Thanks to Dan for continuing to bring together the Down syndrome community, and to reveal what true experiences are like for these families.

1 comment: