February 4, 2010

Teen Cheerleader with DS + Update

"Teen with Down syndrome cheers on her high school's sports teams, just like her sisters before her" - click HERE to read the article

 I just love these stories where I am reminded how many possibilities there are for Chase and how wonderful and inclusive others can be. They always make me so excited to see what Chase will do! Not that I'm hoping for him to become a cheerleader :) but I'm sure his future will be fulfilling for him and for all of us!

 

 In other news, Chase is crawling....backwards! It's driving his therapists crazy (it keeps him from bearing weight on his arms) but it is so much fun to watch him going all over the place!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a mom, a blogger, and a Ph.D. student, and I need your help. I'm doing a study about why women blog, and you have been selected at random to participate in a short survey about what motivates you to blog and what you get out of blogging.

    I hope you will take it by clicking this link. Please do not forward the link.

    http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/231228/women-bloggers

    Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to contact me at gmmasull@syr.edu if you have any questions.

    Gina Chen
    Ph.D. student
    S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
    Syracuse University

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mere! I really wish I was in Atlanta to see Chase roam around the house in reverse (it must be the cutest thing ever) but I'm afraid by the time I can get back to visit he'll be walking! :) Wishing yall the best! Ashley

    ReplyDelete