May 24, 2010

Sleep Study Aproaching

Kids with Down syndrome are recommended to have a sleep study when they are about 1 years old, as sleep apnea is so common due to their tiny passageways. Chase will be having his sleep study on Thursday. It initially was not scheduled until later, but he has recently been having mini apnea spells when napping ... After he falls asleep while I am rocking him, he will stop breathing for three-four seconds before gasping and then breathing normally again. This is probably due to his chronic congestion, but we moved up the sleep study to see whether anything else might be going on. I'm not sure how long it will take to get results, but we will keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so my life right now. Can you believe I could not and am still trying to get a sleep study for my little guy. Us to lately have been having more apnea spells and we are figuring out that it is due to reflux and diet. We just stopped his formula and the reflux has reduced and the apnea has lessened. That may be an area to explore with Chase. You will have to let me know how it goes. Hopefully by the end of this week someone will refer me. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete