November 29, 2011

Baby and House Update

It feels like the 12 days of Christmas .... so many things happening at once, it's hard to keep track of it all!

The old...
The movers are packing up our home today and loading up the moving van so that they'll be ready to deliver everything to the new house tomorrow afternoon. Despite all the chaos with five movers running around our house, Chase managed to fit in a therapy session in one of the rooms they were saving to pack last. In addition to all that, there was also a visit to my OB..... all of this before noon! Whew!

and the new!
The doctor said everything looks good and although my cervix is unchanged, I am 2.5 cm dilated and the baby's head is super-low. Although I could walk around dilated like this for a while, he said he wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor before my next appointment. That next dr. visit is on Monday, at which time they'll do an ultrasound to check the baby's size and decide on when to induce. As long as the baby waits to come until after the closing tomorrow, I think we'll be ok!

So tonight we are rewarding ourselves for getting through all this chaos and are staying in a hotel instead of camping out in sleeping bags on the hardwoods. We'll get a chance to have fun with the kids (think indoor pool) and pamper ourselves (hotel gym and big beds to accommodate my huge belly and all the necessary pillows to support me!) It's hard to believe that we'll be in our new house for good tomorrow night!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new home! Enjoy your stay in the hotel! I sent you an email too!

    Kelli @ livinglifewithes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw- that is a lot to deal with all at once! Enjoy the hotel.

    ReplyDelete