January 27, 2012

Down Syndrome and Distance Running

As part of a running family, I am always excited to hear of people with Down syndrome achieving great accomplishments in running. Our five year old has ran his fair share of "fun runs", and it's easy to wonder about Chase's future in that arena.

I was thrilled when Amy posted an article about two women with Down syndrome completing a half marathon and training for a full marathon! (Click HERE for article) Chase is currently chasing us around our house and dancing around the living room, but I'm sure he'll soon be joining us on two feet during our hikes and family runs!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chase

    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are an amazing, precious gift and special earthly angel. You are full of courageous, strength, determination, and fight. You are a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspiration. You are a super hero, super trooper, and a tough cookie. You are full of life, spunk, joy, smiles, and sunshine. You have taught everyone about life, and the gift of life. http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 medical conditions all together. I love it when people sign my guestbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chase,

    I came across your site last night and just wanted to let you know that Angela & Antoinette both completed the LA Marathon yesterday. Along the way we a young man with Down Syndrome who was running his 6th LA Marathon!!! For updates about Angela's marathon journey you can visit www.angelaarmenta.com

    ReplyDelete