April 11, 2012

New Signing Time Features

I've received a lot of questions lately about Chase and sign language, so I thought I'd write a quick post about it in case it proved helpful for anyone else!


When Chase was little, we used the Baby Signing Time DVDs to help him (and us) learn to use functional signs so that we could communicate better and teach Chase to "talk". Now that he is 3-years old, he has a good couple hundred signs and even puts the signs together to form phrases and basic sentences. Now that he's older, he is dropping the signs and using the verbal words, but it is still very helpful as he only has a small verbal vocabulary.

It's been a while since I've checked out Signing Time, and I was surprised to find what neat new features they have now! You can download their videos onto your computer to watch on vacation, in the doctor's office, or anywhere you need a healthy distraction, and they also have free goodies like coloring pages, song lyrics, and progress charts.

Even if you aren't interested in signing, go check out their "Silly Pizza Song" which is our boys' absolute favorite!

And if you have used the Signing Time Potty Training set, leave me a comment to let me know your thoughts!


5 comments:

  1. We also use signing time and LOVE them all! My two year old, Vada, who has Ds has numerous signs that she has learned as well as my older two daughter, husband and myself as well. I just ordered the Signing Time Potty Training set this morning! V goes both #1 and #2 on the potty and she signs potty sometimes when she has to go but she is not "trained", we are just in the beginning stages and keeping it really easy going, she is only two after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Signing Time in my classroom and the kids love it! I will definitely use these when I have children, just to increase their communication skills. Yet I can't turn off the theme song in my head, I will sing "it's signing time with Alex and Leah" all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and for joining our Favorite Product Friday hop! Following your blog now.

    Jessica @ http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower! Thanks for stopping by our Favorite Product Friday hop!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, such a huge fan of Signing Time! Thanks for sharing. New to your blog, I'd love a follow back at http://sassyshopperreviews.blogspot.com/ Feel free to sign up for the blog hop as well! :)

    ReplyDelete