May 19, 2012

Our Friday Fun-day!

There are so many exciting things going on right now with the end of the school year (last day this coming Wednesday) and the start of summer! Most of the hoopla started yesterday with a big water party in Chase's class and an author celebration in Trent's class


Being in preschool, Chase actually has a fun party at the end of every month, but this one was over the top (and very wet!) with water tables, little swimming pools, and HUGE popsicles! Trent even got to attend part of it and loved getting to partake in the yummy treats. Do you recognize the sweet blonde haired girl that Chase is playing with? They had so much fun!


Trent's author celebration showcased different types of writing that he had done throughout the school year - the kids were divided into tables and took turns reading us their stories in small groups. It was adorable - Trent had one story about when his baby sister was born, one about his brother, and then the rest were about.....yes, you guessed it: Pokemon. {Insert Groan} Thankfully that Pokemon theme was not unique to Trent. I think we need to diversify our interests...


After a long walk to the local shops and a stop at the deli for a kid-friendly dinner, we tucked the little ones into bed and Scott exercised his muscles by hefting our new picture onto the mantle. It surprisingly fits, so now we just have to find the right height to hang it! Thank you so much to sweet MIL and FIL for sending us this special picture! It used to hang in their living room, and now we get to enjoy it. Thankfully it will go perfectly with the new color scheme we have in mind!

So we're off to enjoy the day, including the first dip in the pool for the summer! 
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!



11 comments:

  1. Hi,
    He Trent must have had a blast!
    Following on GFC and liked FB page, from the blog walk. Cheers!
    http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower from the @home take 2 blog hop. Thank you for sharing your journey of Mothering and Love! Your sons are too precious for words! I loved the new art piece you selected - beautiful!

    Blessings to you!
    Janiene
    http://bishopsfamilysite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids look so cute playing with the water!! It's getting a bit too cold in New Zealand for fun outside play! I'm a new follower from Aloha blog hop :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Chase had such a great time!! Trent looks very proud of his accomplishment!

    New follower from my Aloha Friday Blog Hop! Thank you for joining the hop!

    I followed you on all the sites you have on your page.

    Please follow me back if you have time!!

    www.whatjeanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the end of the school year. There's so mnay fun things going on. I'm stopping by from the blog hop. I'm a new follower. I host a weekly link party on Wednesdays and I'd love for you to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super great memories you have recorded. I wish I would have a the opportunity to blog when my kiddos were small. Just visiting from the Blog Hop and am now following you. I would so love if you would share any of your awesome posts at Freedom Fridays. Hoping to see you there.
    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a blast!

    Found you thru the Blog Hop! Looking forward to following your adventures!

    Kristine from TheFoleyFam - Unedited

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look like a fun party! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am already a follower :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! I have a brother with downs! I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop and I am gladly following! ! I hope you'll drop by http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ and do the same.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are having a water party tomorrow! I love summer! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everyone is making such great milestones!

    ReplyDelete