October 3, 2012

I Want To Eat Apple!

Chase has made lots of progress in speech over his three and a half years. However, speech is still the area in which he has the most trouble. Although as his mother, I can understand a lot of what he says verbally and/or with signs, most people still consider him "nonverbal".

Here's a video that his speech therapist took today in which he is saying "I want {to} eat apple." Knowing that these are the words that he is saying, I'm sure you can see how hard he tries to get those sounds out. I love hearing more of his real voice (despite the over-exaggerated enunciation) and I love hearing him put a whole sentence together. (Although he strings many signs together as if in a sentence, he usually relies on short phrases verbally - you can see him trying to sign the word for eat instead of saying it!)

So here you go for those of you who find this interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like progress, although I'm sure you would like it to be faster.

    ReplyDelete