September 9, 2013

New Sticker Chart!

I'm thrilled with how the new sticker chart came out that I made today for Chase. It is obvious that food is his primary motivator, so I'm going to give him a visual picture of his favorite goal and make him work on his least favorite (but important) tasks to achieve it.  For Chase, those least favorite activities and chores include seated therapy work with me (ABC's, numbers, pre-writing, and sight words) and sitting on the potty.


Kids with Down syndrome are very visual, and Chase is no exception! Although a star chart was not very helpful in the past, I'm hoping that the big picture of a cookie will remind him of what he will get if he works hard. Although I don't like to make a practice of motivating him with sweets, I'm not expecting him to earn a cookie very frequently so I'm willing to do it in this instance. I can't wait to see how he responds!


1 comment:

  1. Do keep us posted. I always loved charts with stars or stickers, where I could see progress toward some goal. I never understood why some educators think these are bad things.

    ReplyDelete