April 10, 2014

Apps for Students with Disabilities

Our OT passing along this "wheel" (developed by Mark Coppin) intended initially for kids with Autism, but which she has found useful for all kids. For a larger image, right click on the wheel and select 'open in new tab'.




"When looking for apps for students on the autism spectrum (ASD), it is important to look at all educational apps and not just those that are tagged as autism apps. They have many of the same learning needs that other students have. This list was developed to provide apps based on common learning characteristics and traits that are typical for students with ASD. It is important to remember that all students learn differently and selecting apps should be based on the unique learning needs of the student. This list is only a sampling of apps available for each skill area. This is not, nor is it meant to be a deļ¬nitive list. This list is intended to give you a starting place and a rationale for picking certain apps."


20 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were so many apps available - that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow This Is Great Never Knew There Was So Many Out There Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an utterly amazing resource for parents. I'll be sure to share this. Thanks for telling us about this, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been checking apps out for my great nephew. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really great. Just to be informed on things like this, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome information! It's great that there are so many apps to help students with disabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great that technology can help students. These apps sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using apps with my sons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a great list and helpful information... Thanks so much for putting this together and sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great - there are so many helpful apps out there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is awesome that there are so many apps for people of all learning abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such great resources! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great resource! I had no idea that they had apps like this available. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great I am going to pass this along. What a great idea, I didn't know they had this. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful! I am going to pass this on to a few of my friends. Thank you so much for sharing!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I'm going to pass this on to my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this, thanks for sharing! I will check out the apps for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's really great that there's something like this. Thanks for sharing. My nephew has autism and I think his mom would love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is another example of how technology can make so many things in life easier to understand and manage.

    ReplyDelete